i thought it was about time for another real post. i've been doing a lot of wordless wednesday's, simply because they are a quick and easy post, and because my little monkey is so stinking adorable. i know, i know, i'm a little biased, but i still think he's amazing. he's been sleeping for 11 hours at night, consistently for a couple weeks now. it's amazing. he goes down for the night at about 8, and then is up around 6:30 or 7. he's a rockstar. and bathtimes are going so much better, he loves his baths. about the only thing that ticks him off is getting dressed, especially if something is over his head. i try to jam his flailing little arms through the sleeves as quickly as i can.....as soon as it's all over, he's all smiles. i just love him and his chubby cheeks, double chin and thunder thighs. some days it just takes my breath away how much i love him. he's amazing.
staying at home has been really good. it's been hard work getting on a routine, more for me than for him it seems like. more often than not, the day.....or week....would go by and i'll wonder what i've gotten done. i wrote down (because i'm such a list person) a schedule of cleaning for the week, so that our house will be somewhat consistently clean.... other than that, i'm just relishing the opportunity that we have for me to be home with levi. we play and laugh and just have fun together.
we've also been trying to get out at least once a day, just to either run some errands, or to meet up with other kiddos or moms. we've been going to the new mom's group at the hospital, which has been good. this week it was about baby sign language, which was fun and interesting. definitely something we'll try to start with levi in a few months. we've also been going to storytime at the library with our neighbors. the storytime we've been going to is actually for older kids, but it's fun to go with melanie and her kids. sometimes levi sleeps the whole time, sometimes he's awake and just looks around. i try to sing along with the songs and do the motions with his little arms....that usually brings on the giggles. such a sweetheart. :)
i think he's awake from his nap...hopefully in time for a walk :)
Wednesday, February 24
Sunday, February 14
Happy Valentine's Day from my monkey. Levi and I were going to try to get to church, but we have about 5 inches of snow on the ground, and it's still snowing. So we are going to have another snuggly, pj snow day watching the Olympics, Daytona 500 and then Amazing Race. Nice lazy day with the two boys I love the most. Hope you all have a great day!
Wednesday, February 10
Wednesday, February 3
Tuesday, February 2
- everyone tells you to prepare for tons more laundry when you have a baby. no one mentions that most of that laundry is YOURS that has been peed on, pooped on, spit up/thrown up/drooled on, other mystery fluids leaked on....
- it's amazing how far through the day you can make it before you go.... "huh, i don't think i ate breakfast this morning"
- as soon as you sit down to eat dinner, you will hear wailing from the babe
- it will hurt to do anything for a while. i never really thought about it, especially considering what labor involves. maybe i was in denial, but i vastly underestimated how much pain i would be in and for how long i would ache. ouchie
- about 18 trips up and down the stairs a day will become normal. as will juggling a crying baby, a bottle or two, a burp cloth, and maybe even a water bottle
- eventually, making a bottle at 2am will become second nature.....something you can almost do with your eyes closed
- the hospital will charge you for everything. would you like a prenatal vitamin? ka-ching $3.50 would you like a pain killer? ka-ching $3.00 would you like a microscopic tube of lanolin? ka-ching $42
- a refound belly button and ability to wear a wedding ring is better than a nice piece of dark chocolate.
- the body can function without caffiene.......just not very well
- one grin, giggle, spit bubble or cuddle with him makes everything.....everything worth it. i never knew how empty my life was until he came into it.