Saturday, January 21

swollen in lincoln

Kinda like sleepless in Seattle, but kinda not. I'm here, doing pretty well, recovering slowly but surely. They released me from the hospital on Thursday, which was so nice, to be done there and not have nurses every six seconds checking something else, no IV's, no dinging and annoying-ness....... It's so nice to be chilling at the Holiday Inn now. I can sleep whenever and be up whenever, and do everything with both hands!! :) I'm sure my mother is bored out of her mind. Yesterday I had a doctors appointment, and I made it through that and getting soup for lunch, and I was beat. We stayed in our beds for the rest of the night....what bums!!! I just need to remember that I just had surgery on Monday, major 6 hour surgery at that, so I need to not work myself too hard. But, I just want to get better and go home!!! I miss my husband so much!
I hope to post pictures when I get back, I've been taking pictures pretty much daily so everyone can see the progress I've been making. Hopefully I can get a copy of my new x-ray too, it's pretty sweet to see the plates and screws the put up in there. That's about all I have to report. Just wanted to touch base this way and let everyone know that I'm doing well, recovering and resting as much as I can. I'm restricted to a liquid diet, so it's been interesting to see what all we can make liquid without it being too gross. It'll only get better once I get home and have a blender and my creative husband!! Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers, I appreciate them so so much!! Also, PTL, my mom was able to change her flight, so she's coming home on Monday with me, which will be awesome to have her with me the whole time. Yay! Thanks for everything, friends!!

No comments: