mat's been bugging me to clean out the fridge, it's been getting pretty stanky in there (probably more than i needed to share with you....) so i finally cleaned it out this afternoon. you could say it was my reward for finishing my paper.... wahoo....
anyway, after i was done cleaning it out, i saw the lonely container of mushrooms in the veggie drawer that i've been saying "we need to use these" for a while now. i thought i'd try to whip up something delish with them. i decided to make lasagne. let me just tell you how much
* the mushrooms
* the last box of frozen spinach
* finished the ricotta cheese
* used the last of two
* finished the opened jar of spaghetti sauce
* and pizza sauce (mixed em up, we'll see...)
* the rest of the lasagne noodles
* the last can of crushed tomatoes
the only thing i had to return to the fridge was the parmesean cheese.... i was pretty excited and impressed with myself.... so, our recycling bin is full now, and we have a lasagne in the freezer. it's the small things. really.