Saturday, May 13

monaco

So, my parents left yesterday for Monaco. I know, the title probably excited you to think we were going or something, but nope, just my parents. I'm really excited for them, they need a trip so badly. And a trip that they had to get passports for, no less! :) They were so excited at the airport, my dad couldn't stop talking! :) I'm just hoping the jet-lag doesn't kick their butts too badly! :)
So, since mom and dad are gone, Con is staying with us for a week. No, she's not my 12 year old sister, but rather my 18 year old sister. We had an incident a few years ago, and she just gets freaked out being home alone, so she's staying with us. Our first guest!! It's so much fun, I'm trying so hard to be such a good hostess, and Mat keeps saying "It's just your sister!" :) Oh well, I can enjoy guests when we have them, even if it is "just my sister!" :)
So, here's something new and exciting. I have started up an old friendship. I know, that doesn't make sense even in my head, but let me explain. I was good friends, best friends, with Cryssy in junior high, thru our sophomore year of high school. Then for reasons I can't even remember, we weren't friends anymore, she changed schools, moved away after high school, and I thought for sure I'd never hear from her again. Well, lo and behold, she goes to Journey, the church Mat and I have started going to. How strange is that? So, Cryssy and I have re-connected, and let me tell you what a blessing it's been to be spending time with her lately. It's been so great to have a new old friend. We have such a history, so many of the same memories, yet the past 6 years are still a mystery for each of us, since we lost touch for those last years. It's been so great to be friends with her again, such a blessing to my heart!! Just wanted to share that with you..... :) My little slice of joy in these past couple weeks.
I miss my Joy, my dear friend from Texas. I miss her tons. I'm hoping to fly out there for a few days this fall, but we'll see what happens with that. I'd love to make it out there and see her again. It's been nearly two years, and I need another Joy fix!! :(

No comments: