ok mysha, you win. i will finally update my blog....... i wish i was better at this, i love journaling and talking to my friends...... which this fulfills both of those. however, i can't manage to keep up with this silly thing. oh well, better late than never. lots has changed since i last wrote here, so...... drum roll please. above is a picture of my wonderfully exciting birthday party.... yup, all three of the guests in attendance and myself.... wow, huh? it was fun tho, hanging out with my good friends. joy (the one with the funny look on her face...haha) took me out, andy and moe met us there. we had a lot of fun. a friend from my new job and her boyfriend came for a bit too, but mostly it was just the four of us. it was a fun night though.
oh yeah, my new job...... about that. i now work at a doctors office, it's ok. i really don't like it, but i'm trying to make the best of it. it's a strange office to work in, but there are a couple girls i really like, i get along with well, and get in trouble for talking too much to them almost every day. i feel like my boss is out to get me..... i can't do anything right. but, lets not dwell on my terrible job, because i'm going back to school!!
yay, school starts on monday. i am taking two classes online from front range community college, english and psychology classes. i am very excited to be going back to school and getting that much closer to my goal of being a counselor. i have a long long long long long way to go, but i'm at least working at getting closer every day i'm in school. that's a little mantra among me and a couple medical assistants at the drs office. they are also going to school, so for us, one day over is another day closer to our career goals, and one day closer to not having to work there......... wow, i sound terribly depressing about my job...... well....
here is a darling picture of mat and i on our wonderful vacation to tennessee. i know, it was forever ago but, hey, better late than never. it's my motto, esp with blogger..... we are at a place called rock city (google me!) at a scenic overlook where you can see seven states...... it was so beautiful. how do you like mat's western shirt..... nice, huh? this was at the rehearsal dinner, western themed..... perfect, huh?!? :) we had such a good week, hanging out with friends from high school, being there for joel and tay's wedding, and then being able to spend our anniversary in nashville. it was so relaxing and nice to spend the time together. especially considering how much time we won't be spending together coming up soon, with me working full time and taking two classes, and mat's promotion....
he's now the guest service manager at the townplace suites by mariott in broomfield co. it's amazing. he's finally in the position he's worked hard to be in, but he also knows where he want to be in one, five, ten years. and the company he's working for is a good company to have a career in, long term, lots of room for advancement. he really likes the company and he's working on beefing up his front desk staff so he won't have to work 17 hours days, seven days a week. yeah, i'm serious. but, it's ok. i know he has to put the time in sometime, and i'd rather he do it now than when we have kids and a family. plus, when he's working, i can actually update my blog..... :)
to close, here are some of the highlights of the summer:
- seeing jeremy camp in nashville
- "the soup" with joel mchale (i heart him)
- finding out rachel, a new friend from the afforementioned dr. office, hearts joel mchale as much as i do
- seeing tim mcgraw and faith hill with katie (they sang "chasing cars" as their first song, I got goosebumps!)
- any time spent with mat, preferrably in nashville
seeing bebo norman and jars of clay and joy williams and mercy me and third day in denver with my hubby
- appletinis with joy-toy
- mysha's up coming visit to see our place (wink wink)
- shilo and rachel having a sleepover with us, if only for a night, if only to listen to a cheesy cover band singing "sweet caroline"
- dinner with bjorn last night
- paying off my car!!!! (soon to happen!)
- my sisters visit, complete with spending all her money the first day, and scoring a great "broomfield singles" sign for her apartment
- getting another piercing with katie
- spending time with crazy jaidyn and carson
- baking 9 loaves of zucchini bread with rachel
- ipt..... enough said
- hanging out with these kids in tennessee